Saturday 20 June 2009

Always the Wedding Photographer...

Never the Bride? Well that's what I'd been thinking until the future Mr Sam asked me to marry him! So, here's my big big news - I'm engaged!

Ok so it may have been a few weeks since my last post but as you can see, I've been busy! Last week Andrew proposed during a fantastic week away on the Greek island of Kos. After an almost perfect day sailing on a bone fide pirate ship (well it's actually a 19th Century sponge boat but it looks like a pirate ship and that's good enough for me) Andrew made the day perfect by proposing.

Now I vowed not to become obsessed with the wedding and all the planning but... well I already have a spreadsheet... and a folder... And as I'm learning, planning a wedding is really hard! Then it occurred to me - I know lots of brides and future brides! So I'm calling on you for your wedding stories.

I thought I'd start with the most important thing of all - THE DRESS! (well maybe second most important - you all chose your photographer first, right?) I'd love to hear how you chose your dress or how you're going about choosing that special frock.

To start us off, I thought I'd share a couple of dresses that I already know about. Here's Bex. Usually I am with the bride as she gets ready in the morning but the first time I saw Bex was when she arrived at the Priest House for the ceremony. I was blown away by how wonderful she looked. I just love her dress! It had a really romantic, vintage look with layers of flowing lace and lots of gorgeous detail, it really suited her perfectly.

Here's Kate. now I'm only showing you Kate from the back as her and her new Groom, Wayne are on honeymoon at the moment, so you'll have to wait until they return to see how fabulous they both looked. However, I couldn't resist telling you about her dress. Kate had her dress made for her after literally dreaming up the design. She went to her designer with an idea after seeing the dress in a dream. The result was simply gorgeous and reminded me of those wonderful dresses we all drool over when watching Strictly Come Dancing. I can't wait to show you more but here's a little taster.

So, you can see I've been inspired but I need your help girls! Where did you find that perfect dress and what was your inspiration?

Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment