Friday 26 February 2010

Tonight Matthew I'm Going to Be... Twiggy!

















Hello there!

Long time, no blog post so lots to tell you about!

The wedding plans for myself and Mr Sam are coming along nicely and we're even hoping to invite some people in the near future. Andy and I spent a lovely few days in Prague, having lots of meetings, so it feels like it's really happening now. Andy did have a bit of a "moment" when trying on wedding rings but he didn't actually pass out and I think he's got over it now...

















Other than that it's been a pretty busy time here. At this time of year I tend to take on a bit more commercial and generally non-wedding type photography. I thought it might be fun to share what I was up to yesterday so here are a couple of shots I did for the wonderful make-up artist Rachel Liney. She is producing a new portfolio of work, showing classic looks made famous by celebrities. Yesterday we started with a great model, Celia, who became Twiggy for the day. It was so much fun and I can't wait to see what Rachel's got up her sleeve next.


However, I'm still loving the weddings! Wedding-wise the year started with Donna and Martin's beautiful winter wedding at the brand new Stubton Hall, Newark. And what a great way to start the year it was too! The Hall provided a gorgeous backdrop for their ceremony, with a wonderful view of the grounds. Donna has a great sense of style, which meant that everything (including Donna herself) looked perfect.

Even though there aren't too many weddings to shoot at this time of year, I still have lots to keep me busy. Wedding albums are now arriving daily and it's so lovely to see the finished article (although I don't really like parting with them!) I've also been meeting with a few of the couples that are getting married later this year. All have braved the cold for some very wintry pre-wedding shoots and all have been brilliant. I am now so excited about the images we'll be creating on their wedding days.

See you soon!

S
x

No comments:

Post a Comment