Friday 5 December 2008

End of the week...

...well Friday is here. The week seems to have skipped by quite quickly. I delivered the prints back to my local nursery at Fernwood, Newark, and I understand all the parents have been very pleased with the pictures, so much so that they wished they had ordered more copies. So that was a nice thing to here.

I met up with Jade today in Derbyshire. She is doing a pre-Christmas shoot for families at the Riverside Centre in Derby tomorrow, so I've lent her some lighting equipment and returned her white background that we use for photobooth. It is good to be able to share equipment and learn new techniques from each other.

Earlier in the week I was down at LA Fitness in Newark. They have a new manager, Sarah, and we have done quite a bit of promotion with them in the past, so I offered to do some staff photographs for their display. They have some great offers on at the moment and they all seem a really nice team. They are getting ready for the January rush .. apparently gyms get very busy straight after Christmas, I wonder why...

Samantha has also been busy with PureWoman shoots, which are turning out to be very popular. She had a viewing session last Monday with some girls and they were all taken aback by the results, with emotions running high....in a good way, of course, and she had another shoot this past Thursday.

I was with Jade on Monday in Derby. She was doing a shoot at a local solicitors, Timms, who were launching a new brand and wanted some photographs of the celebration and then we took some staff photographs for their new website. So, you see - we don't just laze about all week....

On the domestic front we have a couple of extra small dogs staying with us...so that makes 6. They are all rather small but sometimes I do wonder if I should get a kennel, so that I can get some quality time to myself....I guess that is my study.

I also saw Sarah and Matt, who were married in early October...as they came over one evening to Hexgreave to choose their wedding album. Matt and Sarah were the first wedding where we did a photobooth in the evening, where we set up a white background, some lights and get people to play up in front of the camera. They were over-the-moon with the results and so were their guests. More on this topic early next year.

I've also been busy creating a Facebook application, as we can now create a slideshow of our wedding album designs for our clients on a dedicated Facebook page, which makes sharing with friends so much easier. The first one is for Amy and Richard, who were married at Holdenby House in August. Here is a preview of their album design below.



Hope you all have a good weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment